This has got to be the easiest fancy breakfast (brunch) ever! All you need is a microwave.
Per one serving:
1 fair-sized tomato
1 sausage/hot dog/piece of ham – whichever you happen to have
- Set the sausages to boil under a lid (to make them boil faster)
- Meanwhile, cut off the top of tomato. With a spoon, carefully scrap out the tomato’s insides – make sure not to tear the walls!
- When the sausage is ready, cut it in cubes and fill tomato with it; leave some space.
- Carefully, break the egg into the tomato: pour the whites inside the tomato, then let the yolk sit on top of the tomato opening.
- Set microwave to 80% power level for 1 minute, and then for 100% for another minute.
- You can now sprinkle the egg with cheese or herbs or whatever you want.
PS The filling could be pretty much anything you want – canned corn, peas, cheese… Sky is the limit!