Here’s something easy and cute! I have no clue why it is called Birmingham Eggs, but there you go:
For 1 portion:
- 1 bread slice (the toasting kind)
- 1 egg
- some butter
- salt to taste
Looks fancy and is easily made. Just follow the recipe:
- Melt some butter in a skillet.
- On a plate, cut out the centre of the bread slice. Leave the centre in it and add into the skillet. Fry it on both sides. Take the centre out.
- Carefully break the egg into a small bowl – make sure the yolk stays intact. Remove any egg shells and pour the egg into the ‘breadframe’. Make sure the whites reach into all four corners, fusing with the bread.
- If the whites start to bubble, poke a hole and fill it with some still-liquid egg whites.
- When the whites set, transfer onto a plate (preferably warmed plate) and serve immediately.
- Et voila!