I am tired. I really wanna sleep in. It’s grey and snowing outside. Is it grey or gray? Whatever it is, I wanna stay in bed, curled fetus-like under the blanket.
Please don’t wake me,
No don’t shake me,
Leave me where I am
I’m only sleeping
~ The Beatles
Thank God I planned an easy brunch today – half of it I pre-cooked yesterday evening.
What’s good is that this breakfast always puts me in a good mood: it’s the most favourite breakfast from my childhood. Since rice takes awhile to cook, it was a Sunday-only option (in my childhood Saturday was a weekday… just think of it: 6-day week! hideous…) Most often my grandma cooked it for me. It’s sweet, it’s got colourful berries and fruits in it, and it’s not mushi as oatmeal (now that I simply hated back then)…
Anyway, rice pudding with dried fruits:
- ~ 1 cup of round rice (half-boil and drain it the night before to save some time in the morning)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- dried fruits (I used raisins, cranberry, apricots and plums)
SO here’s what you need to make a rice pudding: (breakfast recipe)
- As I mentioned before, half-boil and drain the rice the night before (it’s a real time-saver in the morning).
- In the morning, bring milk to boil, dissolve sugar and salt in it, add rice. Mix thoroughly to make sure rice gets sweetened evenly. Wait until it starts to boil, too – stir every now and so.
- Add fruits and simmer with a closed lid, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- It makes about 2 portions.