- 300 g. of round rice boiled in milk(I boiled it the night before)
- 4 tbsp of flour
- 1 egg
- salt-sugar to taste
- a bit more flour for coating
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix the boiled rice, flour, eggs, salt, and sugar. Don’t put too much sugar for it will burn while frying, creating a caramel-like coating.
- Add oil to a frying pan, sat on medium.
- Put the extra flour in a clean flat plate.
- With wet hands, form patties about half-inch thick, coat them with flour, and fry on both sides until golden.
Serve with sour cream or jam (my hubby mixed sour cream AND apricot jam :))
They aren’t bad when cold, either. It makes 6 risniks (my hubby ate 3 for one brunch… which means that a) they were good, and b) this won’t suffice for a bigger family) – you do the math!