On All The Sickness

I am pretty tired.

On Monday, Timothy’s right eye started to crust up so we took him to the doctor’s on Tuesday morning. Turns out he had MASSIVE ear infection – it was so bad that it spread into his eyes. In fact, the skin under his eyes got red with infection – which got the doctor concerned. Here we go – antibiotics for Timothy. Thank you daycare. Luckily, they started to work almost immediately. Timothy’s been getting better and better.

And I am amazed by how tough he is. I mean, he had a MASSIVE ear infection and still was a happy boy during the day, although waking up 1-2 times a night, crying. Stupid parents thought he was teething (he did, indeed, cut two more teeth). Nope. Ear infection!

He’s been almost non-stop sick now for 3 weeks. So am I.


The same day, Tuesday, I started feeling worse in the evening. I woke up at 3 am: my throat hurt so badly that I couldn’t sleep. I took ibuprofen, but still wasn’t able to fall back asleep due to lovely dry hacking cough.

I barely remember the day following the 3 hours worth of sleep. Timothy was at home, so I couldn’t catch up on my sleep. Hubby came home early in the hopes of letting me go to sleep immediately – no such luck. The f…ing cough didn’t let me fall asleep until 9 pm. And then it woke me up at 3 am. And that was it. Luckily, Timothy felt well enough to go to daycare, so hubby took care of changing-dressing-administering antibiotics-packing lunch-etc. and took him to daycare. I kept trying to fall asleep. I finally fell asleep around noon, for a couple of hours. I just coughed and coughed and coughed from the 3 am wake up till noon 😦

In the evening, again, the f…ing cough kept me awake for a looong time. I was beyond exhausted. I had massive headache. Ibuprofen didn’t help. I fell asleep around 11 pm and – again – woke up at 3 am. This time… wait for it! – a visit to the bathroom hinted that I got a UTI. Just kill me.

4 am, streets covered in a 2-inch layer of slush, more wet snow falling down, I am driving myself to emergency. I guess the weather was so yucky and the hour so obscene that the emergency was empty. I was in and out in an hour. They tested me, confirmed UTI and gave me a dose of antibiotic and prescription. I stopped to buy the drugs and got home shortly after 5 am. Again, tried to fall asleep. Again, managed to fall asleep long after hubby and Timothy left.

This night was marginally better. It went like this: 2 hours of sleep, 1.5 hours of coughing. 1 hour of sleep, 1 hour of coughing. 1.5 hours of sleep, 2 hours of coughing. You get the picture. But at least I slept. I opened the window right next to bed – hoping to let the humid winter air in. It seems to have worked.

I am somewhat better today, but the cough attacks me in waves. My lungs actually hurt – I guess they are getting bruised from the ribs – from all the intense coughing.

I gotta learn to keep myself healthy while Timothy picks his viruses. Wear mask. Wash hands all the time. Drink lots. I don’t know what else I can possibly do… These past 4 days were horrible. I was in a haze, I barely even remember these days – even though I had no fever…


4 thoughts on “On All The Sickness

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s