Uh-oh. I don’t have eggs. I have just enough milk for 2 cups of coffee. I ran out of fresh fruits. That’s what happens when you go to out and forget all about groceries. So what on earth am I supposed to cook for breakafst with no eggs and milk?!
It turns out there is a solution – if you have an indoor grill. I do. So I made a grilled sandwich – I used to love them when I lived in Israel. Back then, I had a grilled sandwich machine which was impossible to clean for the fear of being electrocuted. Now I have an indoor grill machine with removable and dishwashable plates. And there are plates for Belgian waffles, too. But that’s not the point – today I’m making grilled sandwich!
- bread (toastable)
- deli meat
Recipe is simple:
- Turn on the indoor grill.
- Place the bread slices in the toaster set for 1 or 2: you don’t want to toast it, just warm it up.
- When it pops out, put some butter on one side of it – thinly. It will melt since your bread is warm.
- Flip the bread and spread ketchup on the unbuttered side.
- Add tomato slices, deli meat, and grated cheese.
- Cover with the other piece of bread, unbuttered side in.
- Stick the sandwich into the grill and keep there until it browns and the cheese inside it melts.